How to register or make adjustments to class schedules in RAIN:
You will need the course reference number (CRN) in order to register for class(es). CRNs can be found on the class schedule.
- Log into the secured site of RAIN.
- Click on "Student Services".
- Click on "Registration".
- At the registration menu, click on "Add/Drop Classes".
- Select the specific term and click on "Submit".
- To add a class: enter the CRNs.
- To drop a class: change the action drop down box from "None" to "Drop Web".
- Click on "Submit Changes".
- Review the Current Schedule for accuracy.
Fee Payment Deadlines
FALL TERM 2020
Fall Term 2020 (AUG-DEC) fees are due on Aug. 6th. A late fee of 50.00 will be assessed to your account if your payment is not received by that day. You could be administratively dropped from your classes for non-payment if your account is not paid in full by the last day of add/drop.
Tuition and fee payments can be paid online with credit or debit card and electronic check at https://gsw.edu/campus-life/campusliving/studentaccount/paystudentfees or in the Student Accounts Office with cash, check, or money order. If mailing your tuition and fee payment, please include the student's name and GSW ID number and send to:
Georgia Southwestern State University
Attn: Student Accounts
800 GSW State Univ Dr.
Americus, GA 31709
To view your account fees, authorized anticipated Financial Aid, and to see if you owe a balance or if you will get a refund, login to RAIN and click the following:
- Student Services
- Registration Fee Assessment - scroll down to the very bottom to see your information.
To view your account on the GSW Home Page:
- gsw.edu - Current Student
- Pay Student Fees
- Student Payment for Tuition & Fees
- View Account Activity
- View transactions by term: Fall 2020
As of July 01, 2018 GSW has partnered with Bank Mobile to issue refunds.
Fall 2020 refunds will be released on Sept. 14, 2020.
If you have questions about Bank Mobile refunds, please call 229-931-2013 or visit the Student Accounts Office.
How to Determine if you have a refund:
- Login in the RAIN system.
- Select the Student Services menu.
- Select the Student Accounts menu.
- Select the Account Summary By Term menu.
- You may have a refund available if you find the Detail Code 'BMRF' within the charges and payments for the selected term. Refunds are processed weekly. There could be instances where the monies may not be available if there are changes to your aid status or course load.
- If you have a credit on your account, you may use it in the Bookstore up to the first refund disbursement date of the term.
GSW ID Cards will be made in the Canes Card Office located in the Marshall Student Center. The Canes Card office will be open Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm and Friday from 9am-2pm. Students can contact the Canes Card Office at (229) 931-5091 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org . If a CANES CARD is lost, stolen, or destroyed, cards can be replaced for a fee of $10.00.
To order a valid parking permit:
All students will have to register their vehicle online first in order to receive a decal.
- Visit gsw.edu
- Click A-Z index
- Click "P" to locate Public Safety
- Scroll down to the Parking Decals section
- Click on the link provided and enter the required information. Then come by Public Safety in order to receive the decal.
To view and print your Tax Notifications (1098Ts):
- Login to RAIN
- Student Services
- Student Account
- Tax Notification
- Tax Year 2019
Please visit us at the GSW "Financial Aid Webpage" or email us at
'email@example.com' if you have questions regarding your financial aid.